We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our website, engage with any communication with us or use our PRISM Platform, and applies to any personal data we gather and use about you, whether over the phone, online, or otherwise. This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘our’ or ‘us’ or “Safe Data” or “SDG” in this policy, we’re generally referring to Safe Data Governance Limited (Registered number 11302122).
Our company focusses on assisting other businesses with compliance requirements associated with Information and Cyber Security, and Data Protection.
What sorts of information do we hold?
We collect information about you when you register with us as a user in our PRISM Platform or when you apply to be an affiliate. We also collect information when you contact us for information, or as part of providing our services to you as a customer. This may include:
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the any activities that you do for us (including for example, providing support for the PRISM platform to end users);
- Your account login details, including your username and chosen password when using our PRISM Platform;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and how you use our Services;
- Information that you choose to upload to our PRISM Platform
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication.
- Information from other sources such marketing and research companies who assist us with searching for new supporters and social media providers as well as information that is publicly available.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To set up and administer your access to our PRISM Platform;
- To make available our services to you;
- To Manage your relationship with us an Affiliate;
- To take payment from you for our products and services;
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and where you have consented to be contacted for qualifying electronic communications;
- To help answer your questions and solve any issues you have;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our activities, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our activities;
- To communicate any events or initiatives that we may be hosting that you may be interested in.
- To help us understand more about you as a potential customer or Affiliate, so that we can evaluate how we can best support you;
- To maintain a record of the support activities that you have done for us.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to send you information about activities and events that we believe may be of interest to you. We may do this by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means, and will obtain consent in advance where required by relevant legislation. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages associated with contracted activities. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us using one of the contact methods detailed at the foot of this policy.
Who might we share your information with?
Our service providers
We may pass your personal data to carefully selected partners (third parties) for the purpose of delivering our products or services , or to organisations that are involved in the various events that you may have registered for, or be interested in. We work with partners, suppliers, and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide services that are necessary for us to provide products and services to you.
Other organisations and individuals
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems, and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
International transfers of your information
We provide our support across the world, which will mean that some of the support we provide will be to individuals outside of the UK and EEA.
We will only share your information outside of the UK and EEA if it is necessary for us to provide our support to you.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us via one of the mechanisms set out below.
How long do we keep your information for?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
We use information collected via cookies and/or web server logs to determine how our site is being used and to improve the design and content. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business partners or suppliers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 Managers aged under 30 have clicked on an advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience that we want to communicate with. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website operates a Cookie Banner that will not drop cookies onto your devices unless you have consented to this. It also provides you will the ability to decide which cookies you wish to allow or prevent in the settings option.
Links to other websites
We take security measures to protect against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, destruction or accidental loss of your personal information including:
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification, and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- never asking you for your passwords;
- advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
When we use third party organisations to process information on our behalf, we will select reliable third parties and processing will be subject to written agreements between ourselves and the third parties processing the data. These written agreements specify the rights and obligations of each party and will provide that the third party has adequate security measures in place and will only process information on specific written instructions from us.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Data Governance Limited
Lion Court, Staunton Harold Hall
Staunton Harold, Leicestershire, LE65 1RT
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Please go to www.ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.